From: Jason on
When I try to print from most basic Windows programs, I receive the following
message:

<NAME OF PROGRAM> has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

Then, another error appears:

The instruction at "0x5f801088" referenced memory at "0x00000004". The
memory could not be "read".

This happens only when I use some basic Windows XP programs:
-Microsoft Paint
-Microsoft Notepad
-Microsoft Word 2007 (and all other Office programs)

It does not happen with the following programs:
-Internet Explorer 7
-Macromedia Flash MX 2004

Also, with the programs in which it happens in (e.g., Microsoft Paint), I
can print to a "fake" printer (like "Send To OneNote 2007" or "Microsoft
Office Document Image Writer"), and it does not give an error.

Here is my configuration:
-Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3
-Office 2007 Enterprise installed
-Macromedia Flash MX 2004 installed
-Novell Client 4.91 SP4 installed
-All Windows XP patches installed
-Contains no malware/viruses (it's a 5-hour-old image, and nothing has been
downloaded other than patches; and this is the second image that has had this
exact problem)
-Firewall is turned on
-The printer is network printer, using a TCP/IP port

Can anybody help? Thanks!