From: Ed on
I keep getting error code 646 when I try and install updates. The help
option is not any help at all. Maybe somebody can tell me how to fix this
problem. I have tried this for two week and always get the same code.
Mircosoft need to fix error code so You can get better answer when you get a
error code. Use online for $70.00 a hour for a error code same that they are
greeded.
--
Edward Meister
From: Ǝиçεl on
Hello Ed,
Please always state which Windows edition and Service Pack level ? and what
version of Internet Explorer? as it often does make a difference -

Also, could you supply some information on what your firewall is, what is
the installed antivirus/security suite, other R-TP programs, e.g. Spybot
Search & Destroy (reduced functionality called "TeaTimer") Avira (From
version 9) (Included in antivirus package), Ad-Aware, etc?
Please do so in your next reply.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
-=-

Try here:

<http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=646&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.GroupID(5878a2d1-0d37-42f2-a011-0dbac486a0f1)+site:microsoft.com&rn=All+Windows+Vista+Forums>

<http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Search/en-US/?query=646&rq=meta:Search.MSForums.ForumID(f713b70a-5915-4a57-af67-a2252a86a8f1)+site:microsoft.com&rn=Windows+Update+Forum>

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
©¿©¬
-=-
PS
If advise given from anyone, solves problem or not, or if solved from
another source, post back & let us know.
Then we all benefit.
-=-