From: Hochigongdao on
I keep getting the unknown error code 80070081, when I try to check for
updates. Defender updates fine. I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit with 8
gigs of ram, AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core Processor 2.20 GHz. I have tried to
access the auto repair feature on Microsoft Support and it will not run. Also
have tried to update the flash. but the GetPlus will not load
either....Please help!
From: MowGreen on
> I have tried to access the auto repair feature on Microsoft Support and it will not run.

* Please provide the URL for the above 'auto repair feature'. *

Did you open Internet Explorer by *right* clicking it's shortcut on the
Start Menu and choosing 'Run as administrator' ?

80070081 ERROR_CHILD_NOT_COMPLETE
The %1 application cannot be run in Win32 mode

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"