From: BonV on
Everytime I try to update Windows I keep getting the same error code. Also,
my Norton Antivirus won't update either since I installed Windows 7 from
Vista. Any help? I already spent hours on a chat with Microsoft and they
haven't figured it out either. I'm beginning to hate Microsoft!
From: MowGreen on
BonV wrote:

> Everytime I try to update Windows I keep getting the same error code. Also,
> my Norton Antivirus won't update either since I installed Windows 7 from
> Vista. Any help? I already spent hours on a chat with Microsoft and they
> haven't figured it out either. I'm beginning to hate Microsoft!

Your hate is misdirected. Direct it at Norton as I know of *no* Home
version of it that is compatible with Windows.
Was Norton active and *monitoring* the system when Vista was upgraded to
Win 7 ?

If the answer is yes, then you'll have to revert back to Vista,
uninstall Norton, run sfc /scannow from an Elevated Command Prompt or,
if the system files are irreparably damaged or inconsistent, do an
in-place upgrade ( repair installation ) of Vista, do the upgrade to
Win7 again, then install an antivirus that is compatible with Windows.

MowGreen
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com
"Security updates should *never* have *non-security content* prechecked"
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
QED: Was NAV auto-updating before you upgraded to Win7?

QED: Is your NAV subscription current?

QED: Is your NAV version supported in Win7?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com