From: Yongwei Xing on
Hi all

I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall.
When I run the command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error

[1]> (load "~/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp")
Upgrading ASDF package to version 2.111

*** - READ from
#<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
#P"/home/jdxyw/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp" @727>
: #<PACKAGE POSIX> has no external symbol with name "UID"
The following restarts are available:
ABORT :R1 Abort main loop

Does anyone meet it before?

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 Clisp 2.48

Best Regards,
From: Tamas K Papp on
On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 06:02:03 -0700, Yongwei Xing wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
> http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall. When I run the
> command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error

For most implementations, you don't have to load asdf.lisp manually,
ASDF itself is already loaded. In CLISP, you can test this by typing
asdf:*ce at the prompt and pressing TAB, it should be expanded to
asdf:*central-registry*. All you need to do is set up these
variables, then you can use asdf:load-system etc.

Tamas
From: Yongwei Xing on
On Jul 17, 9:21 pm, Tamas K Papp <tkp...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 06:02:03 -0700, Yongwei Xing wrote:
> > Hi all
>
> > I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
> >http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall. When I run the
> > command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error
>
> For most implementations, you don't have to load asdf.lisp manually,
> ASDF itself is already loaded.  In CLISP, you can test this by typing
> asdf:*ce at the prompt and pressing TAB, it should be expanded to
> asdf:*central-registry*.  All you need to do is set up these
> variables, then you can use asdf:load-system etc.
>
> Tamas

Hi

In CLISP, I type asdf:*ce at the prompt and pressing TAB, it does not
expanded to
asdf:*central-registry*. What's wrong with it? But I type asdf: and
press TAB, it can expand.

Best Regards,
From: Pascal J. Bourguignon on
Yongwei Xing <jdxyw2004(a)gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
> http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall.
> When I run the command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error
>
> [1]> (load "~/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp")
> Upgrading ASDF package to version 2.111
>
> *** - READ from
> #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
> #P"/home/jdxyw/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp" @727>
> : #<PACKAGE POSIX> has no external symbol with name "UID"
> The following restarts are available:
> ABORT :R1 Abort main loop
>
> Does anyone meet it before?
>
> I am using Ubuntu 9.04 Clisp 2.48

This is strange, on linux, clisp has a function named POSIX:UID.

The only way you'd be missing them is if the distributor (Ubuntu)
explicitely removed the syscalls module when compiling clisp.

In any case, the best is to compile one's tools oneself.

Fetch clisp sources (2.49 while you're at it), and compile them
yourself, so that you know what goes in.

From: D Herring on
On 07/17/2010 09:02 AM, Yongwei Xing wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I am trying to use the ASDF. I follow the instruction
> http://www.cliki.net/FirstStepsWithAsdfAndAsdfInstall.
> When I run the command (load "asdf/asdf.lisp"), I got the error
>
> [1]> (load "~/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp")
> Upgrading ASDF package to version 2.111
>
> *** - READ from
> #<INPUT BUFFERED FILE-STREAM CHARACTER
> #P"/home/jdxyw/Documents/cl/asdf/asdf.lisp" @727>
> : #<PACKAGE POSIX> has no external symbol with name "UID"
> The following restarts are available:
> ABORT :R1 Abort main loop
>
> Does anyone meet it before?

Try reverting the following change to asdf.lisp.

-#+clisp (defun get-uid () (linux:getuid))
+#+clisp (defun get-uid () (posix:uid))

It was made on 2010-02-08.

That said, recent asdf works for me on clisp-2.48 on slackware 13.1.

- Daniel