From: "Sheri Bigelow" on
I am trying to use HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless 0.4.3. When I tried to
use pear install to get it, I get errors like this:
Warning: xml_parse(): Unable to call handler _pkginfo_cdata_2_0() in
Common.php
..... many similar lines ...
Notice: Undefined index: package in Common.php on line 1122
The following errors where found (use force option to install anyway):
missing package name
missing summary
missing description
missing license
missing version
missing release state
missing release date
missing release notes
no maintainer(s)
no files

So I copied the HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Tableless.php file into a relative
directory just to see if I could get it to work. And... I can use package
and it seems to work okay, I just can't seem to get the {error}s to display.
They're not hidden with CSS or anything. The error text doesn't even show up
in the code. I know, I know, it's probably because I didn't install the
package properly, but I'm not sure how to get it to install properly...

I am running PHP 4.3.2 and HTML_Quickform 3.2.7. The
HTML_Quickform_Renderer_Tableless download page says that PEAR Installer
1.4.9 or newer is required, but I don't know how to tell which version of
the installer I have... ?
http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless/download

Can someone help me figure out why the {errors} aren't getting translated or
possibly let me know how to check to see which version of the pear installer
I have?

When I try to run "pear info pear," I get this error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in
/path/to/PEAR/Frontend/CLI.php on line 96

Thanks so much for any help.
From: Mark Wiesemann on
Sheri Bigelow wrote:

> I am trying to use HTML_QuickForm_Renderer_Tableless 0.4.3. When I tried to
> use pear install to get it, I get errors like this:
> Warning: xml_parse(): Unable to call handler _pkginfo_cdata_2_0() in
> Common.php
> .... many similar lines ...
> Notice: Undefined index: package in Common.php on line 1122 [...]

Looks like you have a very old (or broken) version of the PEAR
installer.

You can verify this by:
$ pear -V

> So I copied the HTML/QuickForm/Renderer/Tableless.php file into a relative
> directory just to see if I could get it to work. And... I can use package
> and it seems to work okay, I just can't seem to get the {error}s to display.
> They're not hidden with CSS or anything. The error text doesn't even show up
> in the code. I know, I know, it's probably because I didn't install the
> package properly, but I'm not sure how to get it to install properly...
>
> I am running PHP 4.3.2 and HTML_Quickform 3.2.7.

This is something like a contradiction. Problems with error displaying
are known with QuickForm <= 3.2.5. QF 3.2.6 and 3.2.7 can handle the
templates used in my tableless renderer as expected. Therefore, I'd say
that you should check whether you really have HTML_QuickForm 3.2.7
installed:
$ pear list

Please make also sure that the directory which the installer uses is in
your include_path. Otherwise, old PEAR files might get included.

Regards,
Mark

Pages: 1
Prev: FIle_PDF