From: BURT on
Escape velocity only works on matter where gravity takes away motion
for something is exiting. Light would go unaffected. This demonstrates
a theoretical failure at the extreme of gravity in GR. There are no
black holes.

This is worth a Nobel Prize I surmise.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Antti J. Ylikoski on
BURT kirjoitti:
> Escape velocity only works on matter where gravity takes away motion
> for something is exiting. Light would go unaffected. This demonstrates
> a theoretical failure at the extreme of gravity in GR. There are no
> black holes.
>
> This is worth a Nobel Prize I surmise.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Gravity does affect light.... Light cannot escape a black hole because
of the gravitational pull of the black hole.

Also, light has been measured to bend when it goes past the sun. And
other astronomical proofs that photons do feel the force of gravity.

Antti Ylikoski
Mensa Finland
http://www.hut.fi/~ajy

Vayiftach HaShem et Peah Ha`Aton
From: N:dlzc D:aol T:com (dlzc) on
Dear Antti J. Ylikoski:

"Antti J. Ylikoski" <antti.ylikoski(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> BURT kirjoitti:
>> Escape velocity only works on matter where gravity
>> takes away motion for something is exiting. Light
>> would go unaffected. This demonstrates a
>> theoretical failure at the extreme of gravity in GR.
>> There are no black holes.
>>
>> This is worth a Nobel Prize I surmise.
>
> Gravity does affect light.... Light cannot escape a
> black hole because of the gravitational pull of the
> black hole.

No indication that this is true. Light cannot escape a black
hole, because no lightlike geodesic points "out" of a black hole.
Just about how any direction you move takes you further forward
in time.

> Also, light has been measured to bend when it
> goes past the sun.

And? This is still straighter than even the fastest particle.

> And other astronomical proofs that photons do
> feel the force of gravity.

No. Even we don't feel the force of gravity. The only force we
feel, is the floor diverting us from our otherwise force-free
elliptical orbit around the center-of-mass of the Earth. What
holds us here is a "traffic jam" of matter trying to get through
the "center"...

David A. Smith

From: BURT on
On Sep 6, 6:46 pm, "Antti J. Ylikoski" <antti.yliko...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> BURT kirjoitti:
>
> > Escape velocity only works on matter where gravity takes away motion
> > for something is exiting. Light would go unaffected. This demonstrates
> > a theoretical failure at the extreme of gravity in GR. There are no
> > black holes.
>
> > This is worth a Nobel Prize I surmise.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> Gravity does affect light.... Light cannot escape a black hole because
> of the gravitational pull of the black hole.

Light speed is a constant. Gravity cannot "pull" light's motion
backward when emited outward.

> Also, light has been measured to bend when it goes past the sun.  And
> other astronomical proofs that photons do feel the force of gravity.

Light follows a parabola in gravity.

Mitch Raemsch

From: Surfer on
On Mon, 07 Sep 2009 05:46:41 +0300, "Antti J. Ylikoski"
<antti.ylikoski(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>.... Light cannot escape a black hole because
>of the gravitational pull of the black hole.

The river model of black holes
http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0411060

"....In the river model, space itself flows like a river through a
flat background, while objects move through the river according to the
rules of special relativity. In a spherical black hole, the river of
space falls into the black hole at the Newtonian escape velocity,
hitting the speed of light at the horizon. Inside the horizon, the
river flows inward faster than light, carrying everything with it..."