From: tny196 on
Hi,

We are running Exchange server 2007 (Migrated from 2003) and we are
receiving this warning every 30 minutes in the application log for a
GUID that no longer exists. I ran a command in the powershell to
bring up every GUID, but the one the error is referring to is not
there. I've checked on disconnected mailboxes and it's not there
either.

The user does still exist in Active Directory, but the account is
currently disabled. I'm also unable to find it by running an LDAP
query.

I'm completely at a loss on how to stop this message from showing up
in the event logs. Has anyone ever run into this or have ideas on
where windows is pulling this GUID?

Thanks,
Tony
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
When referring to an event log entry you should always post the complete
entry. You can use the handy-dandy copy-to-clipboard feature to help with
that.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: tny196 on
Sorry about that....

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: (6)
Event ID: 9554
Date: 2/11/2010
Time: 3:14:30 PM
User: N/A
Computer:Server.Domain.local
Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 4a51f5a2-
ec3a-44a7-b7a2-b65972aecc03. Error Code 0x80070005

From: tny196 on
On Feb 12, 8:28 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 09:49:23 -0800 (PST), tny196
>
> <tony.fo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >Sorry about that....
>
> >Event Type: Warning
> >Event Source:       MSExchangeIS
> >Event Category:     (6)
> >Event ID:   9554
> >Date:               2/11/2010
> >Time:               3:14:30 PM
> >User:               N/A
> >Computer:Server.Domain.local
> >Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: 4a51f5a2-
> >ec3a-44a7-b7a2-b65972aecc03. Error Code 0x80070005
>
> The error code says that there's a permission problem. Check and see
> if the user with that mailbox guid had inheritence blocked.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Hi thanks. Unfortunately there is no mailbox with that GUID in
exchange per the powershell GUID list. I agree that it's a permission
issue, but where is it referencing the GUID is my question.
From: tny196 on
On Feb 15, 8:01 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
<richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:46:07 -0800 (PST), tny196
>

> <tony.fo...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Feb 12, 8:28 pm, "Rich Matheisen [MVP]"
> ><richn...(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

> >> The error code says that there's a permission problem. Check and see
> >> if the user with that mailboxguidhad inheritence blocked.
> >Hi thanks.  Unfortunately there is no mailbox with thatGUIDin
> >exchange per the powershellGUIDlist. I agree that it's a permission
> >issue, but where is it referencing theGUIDis my question.
>
> But you said:
>
> "The user does still exist in Active Directory, but the account is
> currently disabled.  I'm also unable to find it by running an LDAP
> query."
>
> So, is the users still in the AD or not?
>
> You also said "I ran a command in the powershell to
> bring up everyGUID". What command was that?
>
> To find the mailboxGUID4a51f5a2-ec3a-44a7-b7a2-b65972aecc03 in the
> AD, have a look at this KB article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899663
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Yes the user is still in Active Directory. He does not have a mailbox
however. So...the GUID for his mailbox is gone in Exchange 2007.

get-mailbox |ft Name, Guid - This is the command I run to pull the
mailboxes by GUID.

I've run through that article a few times with no luck on finding the
GUID.