From: Teflon on
On Apr 3, 5:36 am, Animenia <Animenia.48v...(a)no.email.invalid> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> To determine wether the amount of activity in the log is normal or not
> depends on your amount of softwares running that utilize the internet.
>
> Every software you have installed on your system with an "automatic
> update" feature will utilize your network connection and end up in the
> log.

That is something I did not consider. Do you know of an XP log, or an
app that would create a log of those applications connecting to the
Internet on their own?

> I would run a spyware/malware scan just to be certain tho.

I've run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware and Avira's Antivir. Nothing
found, nada.

> Hitman pro is a free, good software using several different
> spyware/malware and anti-virus softwares for as good a scan as
> possible.
> Depending on how much it finds the scan can take up to 10 hours.
>
> You can download Hitman Pro fromwww.hitmanpro.nl/
>
> / Ani

Thanks for responding Ani, I will take a look at Hitman Pro. Never
know which scanner will fire the silver bullet.

From: Twayne on
In
Teflon <spambaitmeister(a)gmail.com> typed:
> On Apr 3, 5:36 am, Animenia
> <Animenia.48v...(a)no.email.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> To determine wether the amount of activity in the log is
>> normal or not depends on your amount of softwares running
>> that utilize the internet.
>>
>> Every software you have installed on your system with an
>> "automatic update" feature will utilize your network
>> connection and end up in the log.
>>

> That is something I did not consider. Do you know of an XP
> log, or an app that would create a log of those
> applications connecting to the Internet on their own?
>
>> I would run a spyware/malware scan just to be certain tho.
>>

> I've run Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware and Avira's
> Antivir. Nothing found, nada.
>
>> Hitman pro is a free, good software using several different
>> spyware/malware and anti-virus softwares for as good a
>> scan as possible.
>> Depending on how much it finds the scan can take up to 10
>> hours.
>>
>> You can download Hitman Pro fromwww.hitmanpro.nl/
>>
>> / Ani
>
> Thanks for responding Ani, I will take a look at Hitman
> Pro. Never know which scanner will fire the silver bullet.

Check your firewall logs; they should show who's doing the
accessing.

HTH,

Twayne`

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Need a Key Finder that actually works
Next: Clpfiles