From: Seb Thirlway on
Hi

This has finally started to seriously annoy me.

I'm using Excel 2003 SP3. I have a pretty large list of information. A few
rows above the first blank row, I have the whole row formatted Bold+Italic.
When I enter anything into a blank row below - even though the cell format is
set to normal font - as soon as I leave a cell after typing, Excel "decides"
that I want it formatted Bold+Italic. This is driving me nuts.

It also happens with cell colours etc. How can I switch this off? If I
want something bold, italic, coloured, whatever, I'll do it myself!

I've looked through all the menus, paying particular attention to the Format
menu, but there seems to be no option to switch this "feature" off.

--
Seb Thirlway
remove large animal from email address if you want to reply.

From: Luke M on
I believe you need to uncheck "Extend data range formats & formulas", under
Tools - Options - Edit.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M