From: rsubras on
We have a developed a tool using Excel 2007 which communicates with SQL
Server 2005 DB for importing / exporting data. We have used ADO to establish
connection with the SQL server DB and execute stored procedures in the DB to
save the data from the sheet into the tables. To retrieve data from DB too,
we use ADO to execute the stored procedure in the DB and display the
recordset that is returned in the sheet. This approach works fine without any
issues.
But we are increasingly facing a problem, i.e the application after being
used for some time, crashes forcing the user to restart the application. This
happens even when the tool is left open for some time. We were unable to
determine the cause of the error, but found the following link,
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319998, that resembles the problem we are
facing. Can you kindly tell us if the mentioned bug (BUG: Memory leak occurs
when you query an open Excel worksheet by using ActiveX Data Objects (ADO))
applies to Excel 2007 also?
The Error description
CiceroUIWndFrame : EXCEL.Exe - Applicaiton Error
The instruction at 0x65111497 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory
could not be "read"
when i clicked on debug, We get the following error message
Unhandled Exception 0x65111497 in Excel.EXE: 0xC0000005. Access violation
reading location 0x00000000.
at this line
65111497 mov ecx,dword ptr [eax]
Please clarify