From: Fabz on
Hi there,

In Excel 2007 I tried to protect certain ranges. I don't know exactly what I
did, but suddenly the "Protect Sheet" option is no longer available (it's of
course still there but cannot be selected, only "Protect Workboo" is
selectable). I cannot figure out how to unlock the Protect Sheet option. Any
ideas?

Fabz

From: Fabz on
Oh, this thread solved my problem:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1039062.php

When your sheets are "grouped" in the Excel Title Bar one can find the Title
"MySheet.xlsx [Group] - Excel 2007". It is sufficient to right-click on any
sheet tab and select "ungroup sheet". Then the "Protect Sheet" button is
highlighted again. (I actually cannot remember having grouped them myself,
but it seems that Excel is sometimes doing this for whatever reason.)

Greetz
Fabz

From: Gord Dibben on
>but it seems that Excel is sometimes doing this for whatever reason.)

I can't imagine under which circumstances Excel would do this on its own.

If you are not manually grouping then you must have code running that groups
the sheets.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 May 2010 13:31:20 +0200, "Fabz" <fckw(a)gmx.ch> wrote:

>Oh, this thread solved my problem:
>
>http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1039062.php
>
>When your sheets are "grouped" in the Excel Title Bar one can find the Title
>"MySheet.xlsx [Group] - Excel 2007". It is sufficient to right-click on any
>sheet tab and select "ungroup sheet". Then the "Protect Sheet" button is
>highlighted again. (I actually cannot remember having grouped them myself,
>but it seems that Excel is sometimes doing this for whatever reason.)
>
>Greetz
>Fabz
>

>"Fabz" <fckw(a)gmx.ch> wrote in message
>> Hi there,
>>
>> In Excel 2007 I tried to protect certain ranges. I don't know exactly what
>> I did, but suddenly the "Protect Sheet" option is no longer available
>> (it's of course still there but cannot be selected, only "Protect Workboo"
>> is selectable). I cannot figure out how to unlock the Protect Sheet
>> option. Any ideas?
>>
>> Fabz

Pages: 1
Prev: OPEN WORKBOOK