From: Reno99 on
When I click on an excel document on my desktop, I get an error message
saying: "windows cannot find [name of document]. Please make sure you typed
the name correctly, etc." The same thing happens when I try to open an excel
email attachment. If I open Excel and can locate the file through "Desktop"
or "Documents," the same document will open. I ran Office diagnostic which
found nothing wrong. This does not happen with Word 2007 documents on the
desktop.
From: Gary Keramidas on
you can try this, i don't know which operating system you're using, though.

open a cmd prompt.
this is where it makes difference. in vista you'll have to open it as an
administrator.
navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12

if you're running a 64 bit os,
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12

type in this command: excel.exe /unregserver

then type this command: excel.exe /regserver

if you have issues, let us know which operating system you're running, it
makes a big difference.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

From: Sheeloo on
Try this

Close Excel if open
Click on Start and then Run
Type the following command (after replacing yourpathtoexcel.exe with the
actual path in your compuer)
Start>Run "C:\yourpathtoexcel2007\excel.exe" /regserver

On my laptop I use
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel.exe" /regserver

note the space before /regserver