From: dflak on
I have a spreadsheet created in 2003 that has macros to update an MS-Query and apply sorting and filters to the results.

It works in both 2003 and 2007 in compatibility mode.

However, if I have to change the query in 2007 (compatibility mode), MS-Qury returns the data as a 2007 table. My VB code is now broken in both versions. Apparently tables have different "rules" for refreshing data, sorting and filtering.

I don't want to change all my legacy code. I can't change my legacy code since we are still a mixed shop at the moment. I even less want to maintain two sets of code for each version

There is an option to convert the table to a range, and the code works but I lose the query.

Is there a way to convert the table to a range and NOT lose the query, or to tell MS-Query not to save the data as a table in the first place.

So far my only work around is to move the spreadsheet to a machine with 2003 and re-edit the query there.

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.excel.programming/