From: Glyn Elrod on

I have also published a question on the Oracle Metalink Forum, but who knows
when I'll receive a response.

We are now using Excel 2007, but we use ADI for all of our Oracle financial
reporting. I learned this morning that, not only I cannot publish my report
sets to Excel 2007, I cannot define reports in Excel 2007, either.

The only information I can find on Metalink is "ADI not compliant with
Office 2007". There is no indication when it will come back. I thought I'd
try this forum to see if I can get any information at all. Does any of you
know when Excel 2007 will work with Oracle ADI? Are there workarounds for
the problems (see above and below)?

I'm guessing that I'm simply out of luck, but would appreciate any input
anyone would have.

Also, like many other people, I am very very very unhappy with Office 2007.
This ADI issue isn't the only thing, merely the "straw that broke the camel's
back".

ADI 7.2.0 - Publish Report Set to Excel 2007

Trying to publish a report set containing about 20 reports. Using Excel 2007
they will not publish. Either the theme for the first report in queue is
retrieved, and then the process stops. Or, the wizard screen appears
prompting for instructions on what to do with the column headings - as if I
was publishing a text, rather than spreadsheet report.

The other thing that might occur is a text box similar to the one at the
bottom of themes which reads "WARNING: This Report was created using the
'Standard' Output Option and cannot be split into separate columns. Run the
report using the 'Spreadsheet' Output Option for correct spreadsheet
formatting."

Obviously these messages are completely erroneous. The report set published
quite well into Excel 2003; all of the reports are in "Spreadsheet" rather
than "standard" or "text" formats.

Is there anything that can be done to solve this?

--
Glyn