From: RobN on
Hi,

This may be the wrong newsgroup to ask so if that's the case, can someone
please advise details of the correct newsgroup.

I have created a 2007 vs workbook with macros (.xlsm) and I have someone
using an Apple computer - with Office version 2008 installed. It seems that
Microsoft Visual Basic macros are not compatible, although it seems to
suggest that there is a way to save the file so that they can be used.
Apple suggest to save the file as .xlsm, but that is already the case. The
macros have either been removed or made inactive. I don't know anything
about Apple software so I don't even know how to get into the VB area to see
what's going on.

Is there an easy solution to this?

Rob

From: Mike Middleton on
RobN -

Mac Excel 2008 does not support VBA.

I have a bit more info at http://www.TreePlan.com/macintosh.htm

If you have more questions, try the very active newsgroup
microsoft.public.mac.office.excel

- Mike Middleton
http://www.DecisionToolworks.com

From: Jim Cone on

There is no VBA in Office 2008 (mac). There was some talk that MS would put it back in the next release?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

From: RobN on
Thanks Mike. Very disappointing to hear that, but all may not be lost if
they bring it back in the next version.

Rob

From: RobN on
Thanks Jim........Let's hope they do put it back in the next release.

Rob