From: clacount on
If I put numbers in Column A (1, 2, 3 etc.) and then I will have to remove
various rows from Column A (#10, #15, #34, #45 etc.) can I get Column A to
automatically renumber in sequence after I remove variuos rows?
--
clacount
From: Jim Thomlinson on
You can use the Row() function to deteremine the row that the formula is in.
Using an offset such as
=row() + 3
will allow you to get the numbering you want. Note however that row() is a
volatile function and if you have thoushads of these functions you could
adversely affect performance.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

From: Gary''s Student on
In Aa1, enter:

=ROW() and copy down
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201002

From: dlw on
put a 1 in A1, then highlight A1 and the rest you want to renumber, then Edit