From: thefirstborn on
I have Excel 2003. I have created several drop down boxes. I need to know
how to assign a value (ie a dollar amount) to each choice in the list. For
instance, if a person picks option R1 from my 1st drop down box, I want R1 to
have a value of $10.00, but if they pick P1, I want it to have a value of
$5.00. This would go on for each drop down box. I currently have 3 total.
Once a choice is made from each box, I want a dollar value created based upon
their choices.
From: Luke M on
Create a table somewhere with the first column listing dropdown choices,
second column containing corresponding value. Formula then is:
=VLOOKUP(Drop_Down_Cell,Your_Table,2,FALSE)

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

From: Gord Dibben on
=IF(A1="","",LOOKUP(A1,{"P1","Q1","R1"},{5,20,10}))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 May 2010 08:20:01 -0700, thefirstborn