From: rharper9653 on
How do i get the data to the right of slash using a formula
the formula below works for data to the left of the slash
thank for any help.

Cell A1 - 11.25 / 12.25

=MID($A$1,1,FIND(" / ",$A$1,1)-1) Results = 11.25

From: DDavid on
Actually, the formula you are using will only work if the data in cell
A1 is Text, if you use the "=" sign in cell A1 it will not work. If
you are sure that the data is TEXT then you can use the formula
=Right(A1,6), to get the results at the left.

HTH

From: Joe User on
"rharper9653" wrote:
> How do i get the data to the right of slash
[....]
> Cell A1 - 11.25 / 12.25

If you want to assume exactly one space following the slash, as you did for
the left-hand number, then one of the following:

=RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1)-1)

or

=MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)+2,99)

Note that 99 is arbitrary, but usually sufficient.

I would be inclined to put TRIM around each formula. So:

=TRIM(RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND("/",A1)))

or

=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND("/",A1)+1,99))