From: Neil Jones on
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file
(using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this
in Excel AND create it as an EXE file?

Thank you in advance for any help.

NJ
From: Rick Rothstein on
Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: Neptune Dinosaur on
Unless something has changed in the last version or 2, you can't turn an
Excel/VBA project into a .exe file, unfortunately.

--
Time is just the thing that keeps everything from happening all at once

From: JLatham on
Without some expensive, specialized tools you won't be able to create a .EXE
file. Look into creating it as an add-in (.xla) file.

From: sali on
"Neil Jones" <nj(a)dev.null> je napisao u poruci interesnoj
grupi:%23hiTBqB6KHA.5464(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file
> (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this
> in Excel AND create it as an EXE file?

there are three very similar solutions:
- vbscript
- excel vba
- vb express

depending on your code organization/architecture, you may have central
working procedure to be the same for all of three solutions, just have outer
wrapper procedure, special for each case

vb express is part of free ms visual studio express, and it may produce
standalone exe