From: Jason on
Hello

I'll be jumping into writing up some excel Marcos for some of our office
bean counters. Any recommendations were to get or download some tutorial to
me started? I've looked at Google, but thats only gets me bits and pieces
with allot of searching on my part. I'm already familiar with developing VB
scripts, so I understand the syntax, just looking how to create forms user
input, move around within workbooks, sheets, etc.
Any suggestions would be helpful

From: JLGWhiz on
Did you try this site?

http://visualbasic.about.com/library/courses/blecvba20404.htm

From: BEETAL on
Hello Jason,

You must know that there is no way you can protect your VBA codes from
others. If security is not an issue go ahead. The best book I have got is
Excel 2007 VBA. Great book. But after learning so much VBA I have found out
that all your effort can be copied by somebody else.Thanks. Just wanted to
keep ypu informed.

From: Shane Devenshire on
Hi,

You might look at John Walkenbach's Power Programming
or Reed Jacobson's Excel VBA Step by Step

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

From: stanleydgromjr on

Jason,

TRAINING / BOOKS / SITES:

How to Learn to Write Macros
http://articles.excelyogi.com/playin...ba/2008/10/27/

How to use the macro recorder
'Excel Yogi&#8217;s' (http://articles.excelyogi.com/)

Click here and scroll down to Getting Started with VBA.
'DataPig Technologies'
(http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm)

If you are serious about learning VBA try
'Visual Basic Macros Made Easy' (http://www.add-ins.com/vbhelp.htm)

Excel Tutorials and Tips - VBA - macros - training
'Excel Tutorial | Excel Tips | Excel Articles'
(http://www.mrexcel.com/articles.shtml)

See David McRitchie's site if you just started with VBA
'Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions'
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm)

Debra Dalgleish has some notes how to implement macros here:
'Excel VBA -- Adding Code to a Workbook'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlvba01.html)

David McRitchie has an intro to macros:
'Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions'
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm)

Ron de Bruin's intro to macros:
'Where do I paste the code that I want to use in my workbook'
(http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm)

'Tutorial on Excel Macros (VBA)' (http://www.excel-vba.com/)
'Getting Started with Macros and User Defined Functions'
(http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm)
'Microsoft Excel Links / Microsoft Excel Tips / Excel Tutorial / Excel
Spreadsheet Help / Excel Tip .com'
(http://www.exceltip.com/excel_links.html)

(livelessons video)
Excel VBA and Macros with MrExcel
ISBN: 0-7897-3938-0
http://www.amazon.com/Excel-Macros-M...7936479&sr=1-1

'xl-central.com: Your Quick Reference to Microsoft Excel Solutions'
(http://www.xl-central.com/index.html)

'DataPig Technologies'
(http://www.datapigtechnologies.com/ExcelMain.htm)

Dependent validation lists. Debra has a neat little tutorial here.
'Excel Data Validation -- Dependent Lists'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html)

Cascading queries
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...ing_dropdowns/

'Excel Data Validation List from Another Workbook'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html)

Programming The VBA Editor - Created by Chip Pearson at Pearson
Software Consulting LLC
This page describes how to write code that modifies or reads other VBA
code.
'Programming In The VBA Editor'
(http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/vbe.aspx)

Locating files containing VBA
Searching Files in Subfolders for VBA code string:
'Daily Dose of Excel'
(http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...a-code-string/)

'Re: Excel XP VBA code to search all macro code in Excel module for
specific search string criteria'
(http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-978054.php)

Excel 2003 Power Programming with VBA, by John Walkenbach

VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel, by Bill Jelen "Mr.Excel" and Tracy
Syrstad

Excel Hacks 100 Industrial-Strength Tips & Tools, by David & Traina
Hawley

VBA and Macros for Microsoft Excel 2007, by Bill Jelen "Mr.Excel" and
Tracy Syrstad

Excel 2007 Book: you can try this...there is a try before you buy
ebook available at this link�
'Learn Excel 97 through 2007 from Mr Excel - Revised and Expanded
Second Edition' (http://www.mrexcel.com/learnexcel2.shtml)

DonkeyOte: My Recommended Reading:
Volatility
'Volatile Excel Functions -Decision Models'
(http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsi.htm)

Sumproduct

Arrays
'Excel: Introduction to Array Formulas - Xtreme Visual Basic Talk'
(http://www.xtremevbtalk.com/showthread.php?t=296012)

Pivot Intro
'Using Pivot Tables and Pivot Charts in Microsoft Excel'
(http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm)

Email from XL - VBA
'Example Code for sending mail from Excel'
(http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm)

Outlook VBA
'Writing VBA code for Microsoft Outlook'
(http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=40)

Function Dictionary
http://www.xlfdic.com/

Function Translations
'Excel 2007 function name translations - Dictionary Chart Front Page'
(http://www.piuha.fi/excel-function-name-translation/)

Dynamic Named Ranges
'Excel Names -- Excel Named Ranges'
(http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html)

And, as your skills increase, try answering posts on sites like:
'Excel | Microsoft Excel | Excel Tips from MrExcel'
(http://www.mrexcel.com/)
'Excel Help Forum' (http://www.excelforum.com/)
'Microsoft Excel� Training. Excel Templates, Add-ins, Formulas &
Macros/VBA and Excel Help' (http://www.ozgrid.com/)
'VBA Express Portal' (http://www.vbaexpress.com/portal.php)

--
stanleydgromjr