From: Thomas on
Some of my users complains about problems opening Excel documents. About 2
sec. after they open a document it close automatically. I have found out that
the excel.exe process stay as an active task and can be closed from the task
manager.
It is not happening every time but almost! I have tried starting Excel in
safemode, but with same result :-(

3 out of 18 users having this problem and are all are running Windows Vista.

Any ides troubleshooting this matter?
From: Reg on
look for rougue files in Start folder

disable all add-ins

is it ALL documents or just some? alwys the same user

hth
RegMigrant

From: Thomas on
Hi.

Thank you for you reply.

I have even seen it with a blank document! I have the problem on three
diffrend machines. But it does not happen every time. It seems really weird.