From: Kyle P. Kyle on
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates, for a
solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That would be an
easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my
spreadsheet.

However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula can I
use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?

Thanks for any help possible,
Kyle Parenzan
From: Roger Govier on
Hi Kyle

=MAX(5000,(C9*1000))*1.75
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Paul C on
Use MIN
=MIN((C9*1000)*1.75 ,5000*1.75))

Once C9*1000 exceeds 5000 W the 5000*1.75 will be the smaller of the two

--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

From: Kyle P. on
Thanks Paul,
I hate when I miss a simple, creative way to problem solve! Really
shoulda seen that, let's call it inexperience. :)

Thanks Again,

Kyle Parenzan

From: Roger Govier on
oops!

Meant to write MIN
=MIN(5000,(C9*1000))*1.75
--
Regards
Roger Govier

Roger Govier wrote:
> Hi Kyle
>
> =MAX(5000,(C9*1000))*1.75
> --
> Regards
> Roger Govier
>
> Kyle P. wrote:
>> I am trying to set up a spreadsheet to show the costs, after rebates,
>> for a solar array. They rebate for New York is $1.75 per watt. That
>> would be an easy formula of: =the number of watts*1.75, or
>> =(C9*1000)*1.75 on my spreadsheet.
>>
>> However, they only reimburse a customer up to 5000 watts. what formula
>> can I use to get excel to properly calculate this cell?
>>
>> Thanks for any help possible,
>> Kyle Parenzan

Pages: 1
Prev: Excel