From: Rob on
I have created a VBA form that I find very useful. There are 3 listboxes and
one button. The first one is one line and it tells you which cell you have
activated, the second box lists all of it's precedents (up to 10 tall before
it scrolls) and the third box lists all dependents (limited to open
workbooks) (again, up to 10 tall before it scrolls). If you click on any
reference it takes you right to that range. There is a button that lets you
re-center on that cell if you want to continue to swivel search.

This is a major upgrade to tracing links with the arrows because it is
easier to explore multiple parts of a formula (on one sheet you can tab, but
on multiple sheets you can't tab) and easier to return back to the original
cell. I think that it would be great if such a feature were included in
excel, especially if it were programmed by MS employees (my version traces
arrows, so it requires hiding and unhiding sheets, it's kind of annoying - I
assume you can more efficiently address which cells refer to each other).

I don't want anything in return from this (having this feature would be
enough), but if you could stop running those "Windows 7 was my idea"
commercials, I'd feel very rewarded.

Yay for Irony.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b7746812-8275-4dca-ab93-fc6e4884a43e&dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc
From: Bob Phillips on
This sounds very similar to a tool I have developed. Would you care to share
it so I can steal, oops I mean assimilate, any good ideas you might have
that I don't :)

Bob