From: s.edwards on
I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.

Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated
From: s.edwaeds on

"s.edwards" wrote:

> I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
> doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.
>
> Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated

let me add...

that I've made sure "Ignore other applications" is unchecked and ran the
excel.exe /unregserver and excel.exe /regserver and that didn't make any
difference.

When the file is double clicked, and Excel opens blank, if I minimize the
application to the window bar, the maximize it, the file appears. Then, when
I close the application, there is another version of a blank (ie, no
worksheet) Excel running. Odd.

From: Bob I on

s.edwaeds wrote:

> "s.edwards" wrote:
>

>>I double click an Excel file in windows explorer, Excel starts, but the file
>>doesn't open. Minimize Excel and then maximize and the file is open.
>>
>>Using 2007. Any help would be appreciated
>

> let me add...
>
> that I've made sure "Ignore other applications" is unchecked and ran the
> excel.exe /unregserver and excel.exe /regserver and that didn't make any
> difference.
>
> When the file is double clicked, and Excel opens blank, if I minimize the
> application to the window bar, the maximize it, the file appears. Then, when
> I close the application, there is another version of a blank (ie, no
> worksheet) Excel running. Odd.

Enable one of the Excel Add-ins, Solver for instance. That should do the
trick for you.