From: BrianW on
Normally, when I select a specific cell and save a worksheet, the worksheet
will reopen at that spot. I have one work sheet that first opens at that
spot, then immediately jumps to line 621 (no matter which cell was selected
at last save).

I do have three macros on the workbook, one to automatically format phone
numbers entered in column C, and two to quickly apply formatting to cells
when selected. None of these have any reference to line 621.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
From: Mike H on
Hi,

With a very high level of confidence we can suspect that despite what you
may think your macros are causing this to happen. Post them and someone will
help.
--
Mike

question.

From: Chip Pearson on
Open the VBA editor by pressing ALT F11, and there display the
Projects window with CTRL R if it is not already open (typically on
the left side of the screen). Expand the "tree view" for your workbook
and open the Excel Objects "folder" and double click on the
ThisWorkbook module. In that modules, look for code similar to

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Range("A621").Select
End Sub

This code is executed automatically when the workbook is opened.
Remove the entire procedure and save the workbook. Close the VBA
editor and return to Excel.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
[email on web site]

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 11:31:01 -0800, BrianW
<BrianW(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Normally, when I select a specific cell and save a worksheet, the worksheet
>will reopen at that spot. I have one work sheet that first opens at that
>spot, then immediately jumps to line 621 (no matter which cell was selected
>at last save).
>
>I do have three macros on the workbook, one to automatically format phone
>numbers entered in column C, and two to quickly apply formatting to cells
>when selected. None of these have any reference to line 621.
>
>Any thoughts or suggestions?

Pages: 1
Prev: Hyperlinks
Next: Windows 7 moving desktop icons