From: Peter Venkman on
Thanks all.

As for the legitimate reason for allowing rules on mailboxes, I'd
agree. Resource mailboxes should certainly allow rules to be run
while disabled. User mailboxes... I don't agree with. Since
Exchange 2007 differentiates between the two, I see it as a flaw.

Thanks for the rest of suggestions. We have Forefront, so we can
filter outgoing mail through a blocked sender list. It just adds an
extra step to the term process. Unfortunately, we have to keep them
disabled but not deleted per company policy for 30 days and some have
server-side forwarding in place to managers/replacements.

PVD