From: Bob Smith on
We are looking to implement Exchange 2010 Edge as a Mail relay server to
replace our Mimesweeper servers. I was wondering if Exchange 2010 Edge
supports NLB?

Most articles I have seen talk about using weighted MX records pointing to
these severs, however that does not meet the requierments of a number of our
custom applications. They either point to an IP address or host name for
resolution. We also don't want to use DNS round robin and don't have a
hardware balancer.
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 08:09:00 -0700, Bob Smith
<BobSmith(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are looking to implement Exchange 2010 Edge as a Mail relay server to
>replace our Mimesweeper servers. I was wondering if Exchange 2010 Edge
>supports NLB?
>
>Most articles I have seen talk about using weighted MX records pointing to
>these severs, however that does not meet the requierments of a number of our
>custom applications. They either point to an IP address or host name for
>resolution. We also don't want to use DNS round robin and don't have a
>hardware balancer.

Google's a good thing.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124721(EXCHG.80).aspx
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Bob Smith on
Thanks. I had actually spent 2 hours reading various articles on the subject,
but didn't find anything concrete.

Just a note; You linked the 2007 information, but I found similar under 2010
section.

Thanks