From: Jay on
Hi Jeremy,

I assume you?ve resolved this issue by now but I?ll bump this thread for anyone else who might come across this.

I had the same issue; the solution was to add the user account that logon to the server with, to the Exchange Organization Administrators security group. (You may have to log off and back on again)

Jay

jwoodpdx wrote:

ndgeAuditing, when i do this i get an error "Verify thatEventlogI too am
13-Oct-09

nd
geAuditing, when i do this i get an error "Verify thatEventlog

I too am seeing this access denied error on two new Exchange 2007 sp2
installs.
I have checked permissions on the file level and have logged into the
servers as domain admin.
I also copied the file to test permissions and that worked.

I created the group policies mentioned but I still cannot open the log.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeremy

On Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:16 PM
Sawyer wrote:

Exchange 2007 sp2 auditing
Hello all

I recently installed sp2 for exchange 2007, and have configured the
neccessary auditing per my environment. On the mailbox server when i expand
diagnostics--event viewer--applications and services and then select
Exchange Auditing, when i do this i get an error "Verify that Event log
service is riunning. Access is denied" When i look at the "Windows event log
service" it is running, so i am a little confused why this log file is not
working? also all the mailbox access audit events are getting stored in the
Windows application log and not the Exchange auditing log

How can fix this?

Thanks

On Friday, September 18, 2009 5:18 AM
Tino Donderwinkel wrote:

Remeber that changes to policies might not be applied until the next time you
Remeber that changes to policies might not be applied until the next time
you start the Exchange Server.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd547066.aspx

You will get this message when the "Exchange Auditing" log is nog present.
(Start the Event Viewer, expand Applications and Service Logs and check to
see if "Exchange Auditing" is present.)

Needless to say that you will need to have the required permissions to read
that log.

Tino

On Tuesday, October 13, 2009 3:27 PM
jwoodpdx wrote:

ndgeAuditing, when i do this i get an error "Verify thatEventlogI too am
nd
geAuditing, when i do this i get an error "Verify thatEventlog

I too am seeing this access denied error on two new Exchange 2007 sp2
installs.
I have checked permissions on the file level and have logged into the
servers as domain admin.
I also copied the file to test permissions and that worked.

I created the group policies mentioned but I still cannot open the log.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeremy

On Monday, May 03, 2010 10:16 AM
Jay H wrote:

Exchange Organization Administrators
Hi Jeremy,

I assume you?ve resolved this issue by now but I?ll bump this thread for anyone else who might come across this.

I had the same issue; the solution was to add the user account that I logon to the server with, to the Exchange Organization Administrators security group. (You may have to log off and back on again)

Jay

BOOK REVIEW: Effective C#, Second Edition [Addison Wesley]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b2f8766d-a4c1-4d5a-97af-c38852b3b455/book-review-effective-c.aspx