From: sadsjon on
I am providing spam and virus filtering for a number of customers,
most often the end server will be M$ exchange.

I find that meeting requests do not seem to come through with the the
accept/decline functionality that is usual with Outlook and Exchange.

The question is, would this be a problem with sendmail/mimedefag
translation or due to the fact that this is not an exchange to
exchange relay?

many thanks all,

regards,

jON
From: Grant Taylor on
On 07/06/10 11:24, sadsjon wrote:
> I find that meeting requests do not seem to come through with the the
> accept/decline functionality that is usual with Outlook and Exchange.

Odd.

> The question is, would this be a problem with sendmail/mimedefag
> translation or due to the fact that this is not an exchange to
> exchange relay?

I would be very surprised if Sendmail was modifying the content of the
message(s). I would be far more apt to believe that MIMEDefang is not
liking.

I'm guessing that the content is passing from between the E/O pairs via
MS-TNEF in winmail.dat attachments?

Can you white list and test?

Can you provide examples of pre and post MIMEDefang?

Grant. . . .
From: David F. Skoll on
sadsjon wrote:

> I am providing spam and virus filtering for a number of customers,
> most often the end server will be M$ exchange.

> I find that meeting requests do not seem to come through with the the
> accept/decline functionality that is usual with Outlook and Exchange.

Check the MIMEDefang changelog. You are probably running
MIMEDefang older than 2.68 and hitting an old (now fixed) bug.

--
David.