From: Jonas Pfeifer on
Dear Newsgroup,
on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise
Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem.

Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving,
Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I
have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however
"forgets" these settings within half an hour.

The settings made by me are the following:
1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access
2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x/y/z, full access

Within the minute these settings are added, the E-Mail-sending-funktion
works perfectly. However, I have no idea why these are gone after I have set
them.

Hopefully, someone out here can help me. Thank you all in advance for any
tip and/or solution.
Jonas

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:27:50 +0100, "Jonas Pfeifer"
<jonas.pfeifer(a)gmx.net> wrote:

>Dear Newsgroup,
>on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise
>Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem.
>
>Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving,
>Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I
>have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however
>"forgets" these settings within half an hour.
>
>The settings made by me are the following:
>1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access
>2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x/y/z, full access
>
>Within the minute these settings are added, the E-Mail-sending-funktion
>works perfectly. However, I have no idea why these are gone after I have set
>them.

Is the BESAdmin account also a domain admin? That won't work becasue
the processing by sdadminholder and sdprop will remove those changes.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.09.sdadminholder.aspx

Install BES on its own hardware, or in a VM, too.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Peter Durkee on

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:27:50 +0100, "Jonas Pfeifer"
> <jonas.pfeifer(a)gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>Dear Newsgroup,
>>on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry
>>Enterprise
>>Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem.
>>
>>Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving,
>>Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly.
>>have been set the security policies of the related users, the server
>>however
>>"forgets" these settings within half an hour.
>>
>>The settings made by me are the following:
>>1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access
>>2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x/y/z, full access
>>
>>Within the minute these settings are added, the E-Mail-sending-funktion
>>works perfectly. However, I have no idea why these are gone after I have
>>set
>>them.
>
> Is the BESAdmin account also a domain admin? That won't work becasue
> the processing by sdadminholder and sdprop will remove those changes.
>
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.09.sdadminholder.aspx
>
> Install BES on its own hardware, or in a VM, too.
> ---
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

More to the point, are the Blackberry users themselves domain admins, or are
they in some other protected group?

-Peter

From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:26:03 -0800, "Peter Durkee"
<pdurkee(a)mac.invalid> wrote:

[ snip ]

>> Is the BESAdmin account also a domain admin? That won't work becasue
>> the processing by sdadminholder and sdprop will remove those changes.
>>
>> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2009.09.sdadminholder.aspx
>>
>> Install BES on its own hardware, or in a VM, too.
>> ---
>> Rich Matheisen
>> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
>
>More to the point, are the Blackberry users themselves domain admins, or are
>they in some other protected group?

Thanks. I got that one turned around the wrong way. :-(
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: Jonas Pfeifer on
Thank you very much, I removed the Users from protected Groups and now it
works.
Jonas

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews(a)rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:09rcl593ok1v3kve1309iovhsj8qdop036(a)4ax.com...