From: CK on
I have an Exchange 2k3 cluster SP2 on Windows 2k3 sp2. We renamed a storage
group recently and now a backup job from before the rename is failing. I'm
not sure if it's related. The Backupexec error I get is "The job failed with
the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all
selected resources exist and are online and then try again.

Do you think if I rename it back to what it originally was it will work?
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:12:24 -0700, CK <CK(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have an Exchange 2k3 cluster SP2 on Windows 2k3 sp2. We renamed a storage
>group recently and now a backup job from before the rename is failing. I'm
>not sure if it's related. The Backupexec error I get is "The job failed with
>the following error: Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all
>selected resources exist and are online and then try again.
>
>Do you think if I rename it back to what it originally was it will work?

Or you could change the BackupExec config.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
From: CK on
Can you be a little more specific? What would I change in backup exec?
From: Rich Matheisen [MVP] on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:36:41 -0700, CK <CK(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Can you be a little more specific? What would I change in backup exec?

Well, the subject of your post says it's a "restore" that's failing.
The text in your description says it's a "backup job".

If it's a backup that's failing then changing backupexec to use the
new name would be the place to start.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP