From: Gib Bogle on
The program doesn't fail with the write error on the other XP machine, it
actually fails to execute at all, complaining about the configuration
information. Therefore I'm seeing different behaviour on three XP machines:

Box 1 (SP2): runs OK
Box 2 (SP3): fails to start
Box 3 (SP3): starts up, all Qt stuff works, fails after invoking the Fortran DLL

Just to add to the confusion, execution is successful on a Windows 7 box.

I forgot to mention that the laptop on which the program was built (and where it
runs OK) is using Vista. I now see that it will probably be necessary to build
separate Vista and XP versions - I should have realized this earlier, but was
misled by the fact that the Vista-built program runs OK on my XP SP2 box.
From: Sean DiZazzo on
On Feb 24, 9:22 pm, Gib Bogle <g.bo...(a)auckland.no.spam.ac.nz> wrote:
> The program doesn't fail with the write error on the other XP machine, it
> actually fails to execute at all, complaining about the configuration
> information.  Therefore I'm seeing different behaviour on three XP machines:
>
> Box 1 (SP2): runs OK
> Box 2 (SP3): fails to start
> Box 3 (SP3): starts up, all Qt stuff works, fails after invoking the Fortran DLL
>
> Just to add to the confusion, execution is successful on a Windows 7 box.
>
> I forgot to mention that the laptop on which the program was built (and where it
> runs OK) is using Vista.  I now see that it will probably be necessary to build
> separate Vista and XP versions - I should have realized this earlier, but was
> misled by the fact that the Vista-built program runs OK on my XP SP2 box.

Did you compile the program with python 2.6? Try compiling with 2.5.

~Sean
From: Gib Bogle on
Sean DiZazzo wrote:
> On Feb 24, 9:22 pm, Gib Bogle <g.bo...(a)auckland.no.spam.ac.nz> wrote:
>> The program doesn't fail with the write error on the other XP machine, it
>> actually fails to execute at all, complaining about the configuration
>> information. Therefore I'm seeing different behaviour on three XP machines:
>>
>> Box 1 (SP2): runs OK
>> Box 2 (SP3): fails to start
>> Box 3 (SP3): starts up, all Qt stuff works, fails after invoking the Fortran DLL
>>
>> Just to add to the confusion, execution is successful on a Windows 7 box.
>>
>> I forgot to mention that the laptop on which the program was built (and where it
>> runs OK) is using Vista. I now see that it will probably be necessary to build
>> separate Vista and XP versions - I should have realized this earlier, but was
>> misled by the fact that the Vista-built program runs OK on my XP SP2 box.
>
> Did you compile the program with python 2.6? Try compiling with 2.5.
>
> ~Sean

I'll have to check with Helvin, but I believe 2.6 was needed for the version of
PyQt that she has installed.