From: Question Boy on
On Apr 8, 2:07 pm, Sean Kinsey <okin...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 8, 7:55 pm, Question Boy <question....(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to pull this into the somefuntion() above and execute
> > it.  Keeping the html doc untouched but allowing me to update the txt
> > as needed.
>
> But why do it this way?
> Why not use a regular js file, and include this?

The reason is that I wish to build a standard function and load the
varying part from a txt file which get generated by a 3rd party
software app.

Basically I can setup all of the basic command, but I need to get the
field value from another app which give them in a txt file.
From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Question Boy wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
It is unlikely that you will be taken seriously here with that name.

> Sean Kinsey wrote:
>> Question Boy wrote:
>> > Is there a way to pull this into the somefuntion() above and execute
>> > it. Keeping the html doc untouched but allowing me to update the txt
>> > as needed.
>>
>> But why do it this way?
>> Why not use a regular js file, and include this?
>
> The reason is that I wish to build a standard function and load the
> varying part from a txt file which get generated by a 3rd party
> software app.
>
> Basically I can setup all of the basic command, but I need to get the
> field value from another app which give them in a txt file.

You need to be more specific. "Field value"? What exactly does the
"txt file" look like? Can the "other app" generate script code?

PointedEars
will want to steal it.)
From: Dr J R Stockton on
In comp.lang.javascript message <41d2109b-8157-426a-86a6-036fb1fc44a7(a)v1
6g2000vba.googlegroups.com>, Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:55:50, Question Boy
<question.boy(a)hotmail.com> posted:
>I have a particular need to pull some javascript from a text file and
>run it within an html page.

As in <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-grphx.htm> ? That does not
work in MSIE, but for reasons which do not affect file reading and
execution.

--
(c) John Stockton, nr London UK. ?@merlyn.demon.co.uk Turnpike v6.05 MIME.
Proper <= 4-line sig. separator as above, a line exactly "-- " (RFCs 5536/7)