From: Jerry on
I have been having an argument with an associate of mine who uses Exim
for his company's mail server. He claims that Exim is totally compliant
and that Postfix users claim otherwise to simply poison users against
using Exim. I have used Postfix for 4 years and would never dream of
using another MTA.

My question would be in what way is Exim not RFC compliant?

--
Jerry ✌
postfix-user(a)seibercom.net

Williams and Holland's Law:
If enough data is collected,
anything may be proven by statistical methods.

From: Noel Jones on
On 7/20/2010 2:39 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I have been having an argument with an associate of mine who uses Exim
> for his company's mail server. He claims that Exim is totally compliant
> and that Postfix users claim otherwise to simply poison users against
> using Exim. I have used Postfix for 4 years and would never dream of
> using another MTA.
>
> My question would be in what way is Exim not RFC compliant?

I'm sure it's not worth arguing about. Pick another topic.

If I couldn't use postfix, I'd probably pick Exim.

-- Noel Jones

From: Wietse Venema on
Jerry:
> I have been having an argument with an associate of mine who uses Exim
> for his company's mail server. He claims that Exim is totally compliant
> and that Postfix users claim otherwise to simply poison users against
> using Exim. I have used Postfix for 4 years and would never dream of
> using another MTA.
>
> My question would be in what way is Exim not RFC compliant?

RFC 2034 (SMTP enhanced status codes), RFC 3461-4 (delivery status
notifications), RFC 1652 (8-bit MIME including 8->7bit conversion)
are among the differences.

Wietse