From: domadmin on
Good day! Could someone enlighten me as to how to install this tool?

I have a Win XP Pro SP2 workstation with Win Svr 2003 SP1 admin tool
installed. I then installed the Exchange Svr 2003 admin tools off the CD and
followed that by running the Exchange Svr 2003 SP2 install to update that
installation. I grabbed the Exmerge download from Microsoft's download site,
extracted it to my workstation desktop, ran the Exmerge executable, and it
says:

The application failed to start because dapi.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Can someone offer help, please? Also, because I do feel like an idiot with
this and not being able to find the installation instructions, if you could
easily point me to a link or a page in the manual or somewhere where it says
sepcifically how to install this tool, I would greatly appreciate it. I need
to see it if only to keep my sanity in check because I know there have to be
installation instructions somewhere!

Thanks!
From: Tonik on

"domadmin" wrote:

> Good day! Could someone enlighten me as to how to install this tool?
>
> I have a Win XP Pro SP2 workstation with Win Svr 2003 SP1 admin tool
> installed. I then installed the Exchange Svr 2003 admin tools off the CD and
> followed that by running the Exchange Svr 2003 SP2 install to update that
> installation. I grabbed the Exmerge download from Microsoft's download site,
> extracted it to my workstation desktop, ran the Exmerge executable, and it
> says:
>
> The application failed to start because dapi.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>
> Can someone offer help, please? Also, because I do feel like an idiot with
> this and not being able to find the installation instructions, if you could
> easily point me to a link or a page in the manual or somewhere where it says
> sepcifically how to install this tool, I would greatly appreciate it. I need
> to see it if only to keep my sanity in check because I know there have to be
> installation instructions somewhere!

It goes on the exchange server itself, in %Program Files%\Exchsrvr\bin.
Because it needs access to some Exchange dll's
From: Andy David {MVP} on

From: Andy David {MVP} on
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 12:11:03 -0800, domadmin
<domadmin(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Good day! Could someone enlighten me as to how to install this tool?
>
>I have a Win XP Pro SP2 workstation with Win Svr 2003 SP1 admin tool
>installed. I then installed the Exchange Svr 2003 admin tools off the CD and
>followed that by running the Exchange Svr 2003 SP2 install to update that
>installation. I grabbed the Exmerge download from Microsoft's download site,
>extracted it to my workstation desktop, ran the Exmerge executable, and it
>says:
>
>The application failed to start because dapi.dll was not found.
>Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>
>Can someone offer help, please? Also, because I do feel like an idiot with
>this and not being able to find the installation instructions, if you could
>easily point me to a link or a page in the manual or somewhere where it says
>sepcifically how to install this tool, I would greatly appreciate it. I need
>to see it if only to keep my sanity in check because I know there have to be
>installation instructions somewhere!
>
>Thanks!

Easiest way is to simply copy the files you need from the exch bin
directory on the Exch Server to the exmerge directory on your
workstation.
From: domadmin on
Thank you both for your help. I went with your guidance and improvised some
along the way and found that the following two solutions work for me:

1) Drop the exmerge .exe and .ini files into the %Program
Files%\Exchsrvr\Bin folder on the Exchange server.

2) Drop the exmerge .exe and .ini files into the %Program Files%\Microsoft
Integration\Microsoft Exchange folder on the workstation running the Exchange
Admin tools.

I was able to export to PST and everything is running fine now. Again, thank
you for your help.