From: Arindam Banerjee on
I find that the no-name frauds are unwilling to take up any objective battle
on this in the courts, and why should they?

Any reputable physics guy who wants to defend the basis of SR is most
welcome to do so, after he has thoroughly studied by objections to same in

http://adda-enterprises.com/MMInt/MMInt.htm

In any public space, I will be most happy to meet all questions in person.
He may meet me at my residence, too.

It has been pointed out in Usenet that the physics departments everywhere
are being cut down drastically. Well, if their basis is false and they
won't rectify it, what else can be expected? Sooner they all die, the
better for new growth. Physics is far too fundamental, to be left in the
charge of the liars.

There was one pertinent observation raised (by Zinnic) - that the speed of
sound is believed to be invariant wrt the speed of the emitter, and if such
is so, why should not the speed of light be invariant? Well, there are two
aspects here:
- the speed of sound is most likely dependent upon the speed of the emitter,
and a radar/sonar combination will prove this one way or the other
- the speed of the light has to be invariant because:

(Now these following points should be realised by intelligent ten year olds,
and the average and literate 13 year olds, but I have grave doubts whether
the einsteinians get it - none so blind as those who won't see...)

* the sun is a very large object, not a chariot drawn across the sky by the
Greek God Apollo. It is very heavy, much bigger than the earth.
* there is this force meaning pull, we call gravity. Briefly it means that
two bodies attract each other. Sir Isaac Newton found out this when he saw
an apple fall on the ground. He gently wondered why this was so. The
answer that he found is that the Earth is very big, and exerts this force
gravity upon the apple. It thus pulls the apple towards it. And so the
apple falls to the ground.
* Now if the sun is very big, and the earth is so small, why does not the
earth fall into the sun just like the apple falls into the ground?
* Yes, if the earth is as still with respect to the sun as the apple is to
the earth, then yes the earth should fall into the sun.
* So why don't we fall into the sun??????
* BECAUSE THE EARTH IS MOVING
* How do we know that?
* Because on the whole we are not falling into the sun.
* How does the Earth's movement prevent us from falling into the sun?
* As much as we fall towards the sun, so much we move away from the sun, in
a given time - simply because we are moving at right angles to the line
joining the earth and the sun at any moment. We are falling all right
towards the sun because of gravity, but the velocity or speed of the Earth
makes us go sideways as well. Thus a constant distance is maintained.
* Hmm. I will have to think more carefully about this. It looks different
to what people have been saying.
* At any rate, do you agree that the Earth is moving?
* They all think so. Not quite from the way you put it, though. Anyway,
let us assume that the Earth is moving, and continue.

*********

* Take any distance and measure it. Take this ruler for instance, it is
marked one meter.
* ok, now what.
* Now suppose you are a beam of light. You start from this one end and end
at the other. How much distance have you covered?
* Just one meter, of course.
* Think again. Remember that this ruler is on the earth, and the earth is
moving.
* So?
* By the time you reached that end, that end has already moved a little bit,
as the earth is moving.
* So as a beam of light I must travel a bit more or a bit less than the
measured length?
* It does not seem to be any other way!

*******

* So what is this relativity business all about?
* It all started when they found that no matter what the direction of light
(in the direction of the earth's movement, or against, or any other angle)
the time taken for the light to travel a certain distance was exactly the
same.
* So what did they expect otherwise?
* They had expected a difference. Like in the direction of earth's
velocity, they expected light to travel at higher than its speed by the
amount of the earth's velocity. At right angles, the speed would not be the
same. So, since they kept the physical distances same in both directions,
they thought they would get a time difference. That time difference would
give them a measure of the earth's speed v. It was thus a way to find the
speed of the earth through space, or aether.
* How did they explain this?
* They made a statement that the speed of light did not vary with respect to
the speed of the emitting source. So, the earth's speed does not add to the
speed of light, the speed of light always remains the same. This was the
way they explained the result of the experiment.
* So what is the big deal from this?
* One precocious 26 year old, Albert Einstein, took up on the experimental
result that the speed of light was always the same, and irrespective of the
emitting source's speed. He made that the first postulate of Special
Relativity - it became the basis for his extraordinary research work which
led to the equation e=mc^2, and a lot of other stuff besides. If we ever go
to light speed, we will become immensely heavy, immensely short, etc. In
short, we can never go beyond the speed of light.
* A lot of science fiction is based upon this, right?
* Indeed. And not just science fiction.

****

* Now how do you say that all that was wrong?
* Remember what we talked about earlier, about the earth moving?
* yes.
* Remember what we said about light travelling more or less than the
measured distance on earth?
* yes.
* Well, well, well. See, right now above we just talked about how they did
NOT take into consideration that the light actually travelled more or less
than the measured distance?
* yes, they did not take that into account.
* but that was what we two discussed?
* yes.
* So we found out something they had not found out?
* yes! We found out something NEW.

****

* Now what?
* Well you see, earlier they had held that the speed of light did vary with
the speed of the emitter.
* Right.
* And we find that the distances travelled by the light are more or less,
depending upon direction.
* Right.
* When you travel greater distances at greater speed, and lesser distances
at lesser speed, correspondingly, you travel at the same time, right?
* Should be so.
* Mathematically, we have shown that it is so.
* So what are you driving at? The greater distances travelled were
travelled at higher speed of light due to the earth's motion, and so on?
* You are getting it.
* Then the speed of light is not constant.
* Now that is exactly what I wanted you to say!

finita la comedia

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

From: Bappa on
Putting some extra lines in the script. Hmm, maybe this should be
posted to a harry potter newsgroup. Catch them young... for the old
are hopeless, being brainwashed cowards.

From: Ostap S. B. M. Bender Jr. on
On Feb 8, 10:13 pm, "Arindam Banerjee" <adda1...(a)bigpond.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> ****
>
> * Now what?
> * Well you see, earlier they had held that the speed of light did vary with
> the speed of the emitter.
> * Right.
> * And we find that the distances travelled by the light are more or less,
> depending upon direction.
> * Right.
> * When you travel greater distances at greater speed, and lesser distances
> at lesser speed, correspondingly, you travel at the same time, right?
> * Should be so.
> * Mathematically, we have shown that it is so.
> * So what are you driving at?  The greater distances travelled were
> travelled at higher speed of light due to the earth's motion, and so on?
> * You are getting it.
> * Then the speed of light is not constant.
> * Now that is exactly what I wanted you to say!

I agree. Like you, I don't understand relativity. And if you and I
don't understand something - it must be false.
From: Zinnic on
On Feb 9, 12:13 am, "Arindam Banerjee" <adda1...(a)bigpond.com> wrote:

Snip for brevity (Zinnic)

Arindam I apologise for my previous typo re your name.
Let us again discuss your misconception regarding the speed of sound
in a media. You draw on this analogy to support your misconception
that light velocity is dependent on the velocity of its emitter.

You are in fact incorrect in claiming that the speed of sound is
increased when its source is moving toward the receiver and is
decreased when the source is moving away.
Let us say that the speed of sound emitted from a stationary emitter
is S. According to you, when the sound source is moving towards the
receiver at a speed of v then the speed of the sound will increase
from S to an additive speed of S + v.
Now consider a sound source moving towards the receiver at a speed of
S. Again according to you, the sound will move at S + S = 2S. How
then does a supersonic airplane or rocket break the sound barrier?
No matter how fast the plane is going it can never catch up to the
sound it emits because that sound will always exceed the speed of the
plane (v) by S (the speed of sound from a stationary source).

The speed of sound is independent of the speed of its source, such
that a single shot fired from a gun mounted on a moving train will be
heard at the same time by receivers located at the perimeter
circumscibed by a radius centered by the point at which the gun was
fired. That is the speed of sound from a moving (or stationary)
emitter is the same constant (in still air) in every direction!
The frequency of the sound will differ (Dopplar effect) but will be
compensated by an appropriate change in wavelength according to Speed
(constant) = frequency x wavelength.

Thus, you cannot use sound transmission as an analogy to support your
claim that the speed of light is dependent on the motion of its
source.
Regards
Zinnic
Ps. I believe your additive notion of S + v is correct when v
represents the rate of movement of the transmitting media towards a
motionless reciever. For example, the movement of air (wind), the
media transmitting sound. However, this cannot be applied to the
aether that transmits light (or do you also contest that?).

From: Arindam Banerjee on
On Feb 10, 9:50 am, Zinnic <zeenr...(a)gate.net> wrote:
> On Feb 9, 12:13 am, "Arindam Banerjee" <adda1...(a)bigpond.com> wrote:
>
> Snip for brevity (Zinnic)
>
> Arindam I apologise  for my previous typo re your name.

Accepted.

> Let us again discuss your misconception regarding the speed of sound
> in a media.

Let us see who is misconceiving.

>You draw on this analogy to support your misconception
> that light velocity is dependent on the velocity of its emitter.

It is not a misconception. It is a logically (and that too,
deductively, not inductively) that the speed of light IS dependent
upon the speed of the emitter. I have recently explained this such
that any intelligent 10+ year old may understand. There is NO way out
of saying that the speed of light c is constant irrespective of the
speed of the emitter. That will be the most dishonest thing to say,
and the most wrong way to bring up children. True a few generations
have been brainwashed by the e=mcc nonsense, but to paper it over with
bullying tactics will be counter-productive. I see that you have not
even bothered to analyse my arguments. Thus it is not a question of
misconception, it is a question of personal priorities. Where
prejudice triumphs over reason.

> You are in fact incorrect in claiming that the speed of sound is
> increased when its  source is moving toward the receiver and is
> decreased when the source  is moving away.

In any case, this is not germane to the issue of SR. You are just
making a statement. I dispute it. The only way out is to perform an
experiment and let third parties decide. I can only agree when things
are proven to me with experiment. True I have not performed an
experiment using radar and sonar, but my experience with subsonic
fighters going over my head is good enough. And it all can be shown
with maths, as I have indicated in earlier posts.

> Let us say that the speed of sound emitted from a stationary emitter
> is S. According to you, when the sound source is moving towards the
> receiver at a speed of v then the speed of the sound will increase
> from S to an additive speed of S + v.

Yes.

> Now consider a sound  source moving towards the receiver at a speed of
> S. Again according to you, the sound will move at S + S =  2S. How
> then does a supersonic airplane or rocket break the sound barrier?

The same way as a viman going at super light speed will break the so-
called light barrier.
What is really happening is that since the sound is travelling so
fast, it does not stay with the receiver on the ground for a long
time. Only a very short time, as the source is coming to him on the
ground. But as it leaves or goes the other way, it stays with the
receiver for a very long time.

> No matter how fast the plane is going it can never catch up to the
> sound it emits because that sound will always exceed the speed of  the
> plane (v) by S (the speed of sound from a stationary source).

Yes, of course. Like if I throw out a beam of light from a viman
going at 2c, in the forward direction it will go at 3c and in the
backward at c. Of course the plane won't catch up with the sound it
emits. Why should it?

> The speed of sound is independent of the speed of its source,

As I said, this is just a statement. No proof. I hold that it is an
incorrect statement, based upon my personal experiene of planes flying
over my head.

such
> that a single shot fired from a gun mounted on a moving train will be
> heard at the same time by receivers located at  the perimeter
> circumscibed by a radius centered by the point at which the gun was
> fired.

Prove it. This is just a statement, and I feel sure it is completely
wrong.
It can be done using military radar and sonar.
We will find that the speed of sound is different in different
directions for a moving object.
This comes from the very nature of waves. Yes I need to elaborate on
this and maybe I will when I get more respect for my new and brilliant
theories.

> That is the speed of sound from a moving (or stationary)
> emitter is the same constant  (in still air) in every direction!
> The frequency of the sound will differ (Dopplar effect) but will be
> compensated by an appropriate  change in wavelength according to Speed
> (constant)  = frequency x wavelength.

Exactly the sort of rubbish that was concocted to support the bullshit
SR theories - they had to make the speed of sound constant, like they
had to make the c constatnt!

The wavelength does not change, silly, the waves only move faster past
the receiver as the speed is now higher, and so the frequency count
goes up at the receiver. This is shown as the Doppler effect, which
proves the fact that the speed of sound varies with the speed of the
emitter.

> Thus, you cannot use sound transmission as an analogy to support your
> claim that the speed of light is dependent on the motion of its
> source.
> Regards
> Zinnic
> Ps. I believe your additive notion of S + v is correct when  v
> represents the rate of movement of the transmitting media towards a
> motionless  reciever. For example, the movement of air (wind), the
> media transmitting sound. However,  this cannot be applied to the
> aether that transmits light (or do you also contest that?).

Please read carefully all that I have written, and you should
understand. It may take some time for you to unlearn the wrong
ideas. I think I have made all my points as clearly and simply as
possible.

Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee