From: FedWerkker on
I was thinking this should be simple. I want to copy, transfer or whatever
the TBS Table in the VPS_TBS.mdb database and send it to our shared drive,
but have the file be a .dbf file.

I tried the F1 Help

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "DBASE III",
' "C:\@CDATA\VP_tbs.mdb", acTable, "tbs", _
' "K:\CPANALYSIS\BusinessMgt\VP\Access\DBASE\tbs1.dbf"

I've tried this in a Macro, and in code, but ways fails. The error tells me
the path doesn't exist, but that is the path. Does anyone see any obvious
errors. If you know a of way (right click, Exprort, save as, choose where
works fine, but I'd like to get in code if possible.

MS Access 97:

thanks
Bill
--
FedWerkker
From: Steve on
Hello Bill,

Try exporting your file with a .mdb extension then renaming the file to a
..dbf file. Put the following code after your DiCmd.TransferDatabase command:

Dim OldName, NewName
OldName = "K:\CPANALYSIS\BusinessMgt\VP\Access\DBASE\tbs1.mdb"
NewName = "K:\CPANALYSIS\BusinessMgt\VP\Access\DBASE\tbs1.dbf"
Name OldName As NewName

Steve
santus(a)penn.com

From: John Spencer on
I think your arguments should be more like the following

DoCmd.TransferDatabase acExport, "DBASE III",
"K:\CPANALYSIS\BusinessMgt\VP\Access\DBASE\tbs1.dbf", acTable, "tbs", _
"Name for the table in the target database"

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

From: KARL DEWEY on
I do not think that just changing a file extension from .mdb to .dbf will
make it work as a dBaseIII database.

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: KARL DEWEY on