From: mdup on
I am trying to export data into an excel spreadsheet. Is there a way using
VBA to automatically set up the sheet and have the data import? Or would I
have to use commands such as List Columns and List Rows?

Any help will be appreciated.
From: Paul Robinson on
Hi
Excel has many ways of importing data from other sources using Data,
Import (from databases, text files, web pages..). Can you use that
import?
If you must export the next question is export from what?
regards
Paul

From: Ivan on
Where are you trying to import that data from? Another workbook, another
sheet, different application (i.e. access, sql)?

I'd say record the macro while you go to
Data, Import External Data and find the file and import. you can adjust
from there.

From: mdup on
Ivan,

I am importing the data from a different application. It is called
PISDK (i am using VBA to perform a PITag search). I need to list these tags
and information about these tags in excel. PISDK is a SDK from a company
called OSI Soft. I have a code that opens excel but none of the data is input
into the sheet.

I tried recording a macro to run an Excell Add-in call PI SMT (from the
same company) to do what I wanted it to do but when I ran the recorded macro
it did not actually follow my mouse clicks and import the data. The PI SMT
add-in does exactly what I need to do, but I need to automate the process and
I am trying to do it by using VBA code. So I guess what I am asking is, is
there a way to record a Macro the follows all mouse clicks even to add-ins?
Then I would just have to write a small code to be able to change from one
server to another while following the same mouse clicks. Is it possible to do
so?

Thanks for the response.