From: Oliver Neukum on
Am Montag, 28. Juni 2010, 22:29:34 schrieb Przemo Firszt:
> Nokia S60 phones expose two ACM channels. The first is
> a modem, the second is 'vendor-specific' but is treated
> as a serial device at the S60 end, so we want to expose
> it on Linux too.

I see. We want to expose it. But do we want to expose it as an acm interface?

Regards
Oliver
From: Przemo Firszt on
Dnia 2010-06-28, pon o godzinie 22:59 +0200, Oliver Neukum pisze:
> Am Montag, 28. Juni 2010, 22:29:34 schrieb Przemo Firszt:
> > Nokia S60 phones expose two ACM channels. The first is
> > a modem, the second is 'vendor-specific' but is treated
> > as a serial device at the S60 end, so we want to expose
> > it on Linux too.
> >

> I see. We want to expose it. But do we want to expose it as an acm interface?
>
> Regards
> Oliver
It's just continuation of [1]. I don't feel pressure to do it that way
if there are any better ideas.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.commits.head/221222
--
Kind regards,
Przemo Firszt

From: Oliver Neukum on
Am Dienstag, 29. Juni 2010, 19:43:23 schrieb Przemo Firszt:
> Dnia 2010-06-28, pon o godzinie 22:59 +0200, Oliver Neukum pisze:
> > Am Montag, 28. Juni 2010, 22:29:34 schrieb Przemo Firszt:
> > > Nokia S60 phones expose two ACM channels. The first is
> > > a modem, the second is 'vendor-specific' but is treated
> > > as a serial device at the S60 end, so we want to expose
> > > it on Linux too.
> > >

> > I see. We want to expose it. But do we want to expose it as an acm interface?
> >
> > Regards
> > Oliver
> It's just continuation of [1]. I don't feel pressure to do it that way
> if there are any better ideas.

I see. Let's do it.

Regards
Oliver