From: Garrett Smith on
Ivan S wrote:
> On May 12, 7:57 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is it necessary for the example to include get_magic_quotes_gpc() call?
>
> No. Unescaping makes sense if data (string) is comming from HTTP POST,
> GET or COOKIE and PHP has magic quotes on (which are deprecated from
> 5.3 version). You can put example without it, developers that has that
> configuration option on should know what they need to do first.

http://jibbering.com/faq/#getServerVariable

Updated.

I omitted \u2028 and \u2029 from the PHP example (line separator and
paragraph separator) because PHP does not seem to support such unicode
escape sequences. Sorry, I do not know much of PHP.
--
Garrett
From: Ivan S on
On May 13, 7:49 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I omitted \u2028 and \u2029 from the PHP example (line separator and
> paragraph separator) because PHP does not seem to support such unicode
> escape sequences. Sorry, I do not know much of PHP.

I'm not sure, but I think that \u2028 and \u2029 are not special
sequence of characters in PHP (they are regular sequence of
characters) and if you add them as argument to the "addcslashes"
functions, all characters will be escaped one by one and not all of
them as one special character. Maybe I could ask in the PHP news
group?

Ivan
From: Garrett Smith on
Ivan S wrote:
> On May 13, 7:49 pm, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I omitted \u2028 and \u2029 from the PHP example (line separator and
>> paragraph separator) because PHP does not seem to support such unicode
>> escape sequences. Sorry, I do not know much of PHP.
>
> I'm not sure, but I think that \u2028 and \u2029 are not special
> sequence of characters in PHP (they are regular sequence of
> characters) and if you add them as argument to the "addcslashes"
> functions, all characters will be escaped one by one and not all of
> them as one special character. Maybe I could ask in the PHP news
> group?

OK.

Looks like php does not support unicode:
<http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.types.string.php>
--
Garrett