From: Han on
Can anyone explain briefly what happens when one graphs via FAST3D?
Does the HP50G go into ARM mode to do the fast number crunching during
the computing stage? Or is it still using Saturn code? I am familiar
with how FAST3D rotates so quickly (using the DRAW3DMATRIX engine),
but I would like to know how the compute the array of z-values so
quickly.

Thanks ahead of time,
Han
From: John H Meyers on
On 3/11/2010 8:00 PM, Han wrote:

> Does the HP50G go into ARM mode to do the fast number crunching during FAST3D

FAST3D has always been in every 'Saturn' ROM for 49G/49G+/50G series (and emulator);
note that neither original 49G nor Emu48 has any "ARM" mode (or "disarm" mode, either :)

[r->] [OFF]
From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"John H Meyers" <jhmeyers(a)nomail.invalid> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On 3/11/2010 8:00 PM, Han wrote:
>
>> Does the HP50G go into ARM mode to do the fast number crunching during
>> FAST3D
>
> FAST3D has always been in every 'Saturn' ROM for 49G/49G+/50G series (and
> emulator);
> note that neither original 49G nor Emu48 has any "ARM" mode (or "disarm"
> mode, either :)

....and there even exists an HP-48 backport of the DRAW3DMATRIX engine;-)

http://www.hpcalc.org/details.php?id=5745

Raymond

From: Han on
So the "Computing" part of FAST3D graphs is done in Saturn code and
not Arm code? That's pretty impressive for number crunching...