From: ramswell on

Can anyone out there make a copy of the Fotios FB512J Eprom? I tried
and I tried to copy the .bin file with NO SUCCESS!!! Can't use Prom-
Shell in 64 mode cause there's not enough memory available being that
the eprom is a 64KB Eprom. So I tried Merlin 128 but coulden't even
get the dang thing to even boot. Maybe I have a bad copy? If so, I
gotta get a hold of the dude that sold me the promenade clone.
Either way, I need some helpful advise as to how I should go about
this endeavor.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help I can get ahead of time,

Charles
From: DMackey828 on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 13:56:15 -0700 (PDT), ramswell
<psychoticstreetprophet(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anyone out there make a copy of the Fotios FB512J Eprom? I tried
>and I tried to copy the .bin file with NO SUCCESS!!! Can't use Prom-
>Shell in 64 mode cause there's not enough memory available being that
>the eprom is a 64KB Eprom. So I tried Merlin 128 but coulden't even
>get the dang thing to even boot. Maybe I have a bad copy? If so, I
>gotta get a hold of the dude that sold me the promenade clone.
> Either way, I need some helpful advise as to how I should go about
>this endeavor.
>
> Thanks ahead of time for any and all help I can get ahead of time,
>
> Charles

What you have to do is SPLIT the file into 2 - 32k (32768 bytes)
segments and program the eprom that way.

Then Using a HEX EDITOR, Insert "00 20" In the beginning of EACH
Segment, (They are removed when you program the Eprom), The files will
be 32770 Bytes in size.

I did it like that to program an EPROM-PLA chip..

For some Good Promshell info, Check out my information
page, ftp://n2dvm.com/Commodore/Programs/Eprom/PromenadeC1.txt