From: CHL on
Hi,

I'm just starting off with SysRPL. I'm working with the 50g with ROM
2.09. I trying to understand the Filer_Type and Filer_Path arguments
better.

Specifically, where do I find a list of the different Filer_Type
arguments. I see from other post that the #02A96 is directories but
where are the other codes?

Secondly, with regards to the Filer_Path argument, I can't seem to get
:n:{ } syntax working. when I build using Debug4x it complains that
"entry :2: doesn't exist.

Here is the code snipit I'm working on.

::
{ #02A96 }
:2:{ }
{ { "T1" BINT0 BINT25 } }
FLASHPTR FILER_MANAGERTYPE
;

Thanks
-Colin

From: kjeanne on
> I'm just starting off with SysRPL.

Woohoo! It is actually a fun little language. Bit frustrating at
times, but a blast once you get the hang of things.

> Specifically, where do I find a list of the different Filer_Type
> arguments.

What those codes are is the prologue (5 nibble code, a nibble being 1/2
a byte) that identify which type of object you have sitting there. The
best list I've found is in the comprehensive 49/50 assembly programming
tutorial by Gilbert Fernandez and Eric Rechlin on hpcalc.org. Look in
Part V, page 105 in the document (115 as reported by your pdf reader)
I'd put in the link but for some reason I am not popping it up right
this second. Here is the first bit of that table:

Object type name TYPE Code Prologue Kind
Real number 0 1 02933 Simple
Complex number 1 2 02977 Compound
String 2 3 02A2C
Simple
Array 3/4 4 029E8
Compound
List 5 5 02A74
Compound
Global name 6 6 02E48 Simple
Directory object 15 2F 02A96 Compound

Note that specifying a type does not work in port 3. No matter what
you specify, it will display everything.

> Secondly, with regards to the Filer_Path argument, I can't seem to get
> :n:{ } syntax working. when I build using Debug4x it complains that
> "entry :2: doesn't exist.

UserRPL syntax is not the same as sysRPL for tagged objects. Use emacs
to dissasemble :2:NAME on the stack and you will immediately see your
error. I'll leave it as an excercise. :-)

Have fun!

TW

From: CHL on
TW,

This was very helpful advise. I now see all the object types from
Gilbert's and Eric's excellent assembly language manual. Also the hint
about disassemblying :3:{name} was very cool and immediately showed TAG
3 { ID name }. This correction worked great!

Thanks
-Colin