From: Lou O on
On Jan 15, 5:53 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...(a)msn.com>
wrote:
> "Lou O" <lgeastw...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > If I browse the ftp site I can see the following file structure
> >ftp://uploads.mywebsite.ca/test/
> > In explorer I can drag and drop files into both the root and test
> > folders
>
> > following are the ftp parameters for my web site I've been given.
>
> >ftp://uploads.mywebsite.ca
> > username "myusername"
> > password "mypassword"
>
> I would double check the above. Perhaps it is :
>
> ftp://www.uploads.mywebsite.ca
> orftp://ftp.uploads.mywebsite.ca
>
> > f.DestinationFile = "/test/test.txt.accdb"
>
> Hum, the above file name does looks somewhat wrong...
>
> text.txt.accdb???
>
> Perhaps the above is type-o?
>
> The above target name likely should not matter, but you do want to check
> this...
>
> > As I noted above, the code fires on a button click on a test form.
>
> That should be just fine, since your download test code works, this
> is likely an non issue...
>
> Why not try a test using this:http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0015.htm
>
> I don't think this is a library/vba code issue.
>
> This is just an issue of supplying the correct information...
>
> You can try the above ftp example, it is not based on that VBA code library.
>
> So, if that alternate code DOES in fact work, then yes we can conclude that
> the VBA code library is the problem. If it don't work..then you back to
> supplying the correct information issue.
>
> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKal...(a)msn.com

This is a followup to an earlier thread.
I had to leave this problem while busy with other matters but came
back to it recently.
I ended up "solving" the uploading and downloading and want to share
the solution for verification.
Maybe someone else can benefit as well.
I learned through working with Filezilla Client that I could download
and upload files by using the auto and active transfer settings but
not the passive transfer setting.
I then scoured the code in the library for any passive references.
I discovered the following constant.
Private Const INTERNET_FLAG_PASSIVE = &H8000000
After changing the value from &H8000000 to &H0 the code no longer gave
me the uploading and downloading errors I was getting before.
I could now upload and download using the library.
I assume that by changing the FLAG setting I am now using active
transfer mode.
The only verification I have however is that it works.
Would anyone be able to comment?