From: PA Bear [MS-MVP] on
[Crosspost to IE General]

What anti-virus application was installed *before* you installed MSE
and was your subscription still current?

Has a Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer
(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
it)?

See...

Can I install MSE to clean up my already-infected computer?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/msescan/thread/87058857-d181-4019-a723-efd9a49d9275

On Jan 24, 1:17 pm, Ray wrote...
> I have two websites that I have accessed regularly for years with no problems.  Recently I
> installed "Microsoft Security Essentials" and since then I cannot open those two sites.  I
> am assuming that the antivirus program is blocking them but don't know how to allow them
> to run.  I disabled the AV program through "services.msc" but still can't open them.  I
> tried restarting after disabling but the AV program is active at startup so that's no
> help.  Is there a way to stop the AV from running at startup?  As I said, I am assuming
> the cause is MSE.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: volume control button/icon