From: Dan Stromberg on
On Mar 4, 4:25 pm, Dan Stromberg <strom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Python folk: Any guesses why a simple file.read(blocksize) would have
> such an affinity for returning 16K when redirected from /dev/zero?  If
> I run the program against a file on disk, it gets larger blocksizes
> fine.

Never mind - it was a bug in my code.

Now on a slower machine, it runs about 2.5 times faster than it did on
the faster machine.
From: bsh on
On Mar 5, 7:09 pm, Dan Stromberg <strom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 5:05 pm, bsh <brian_hi...(a)rocketmail.com> wrote:
> > On Mar 4, 1:17 pm, Dan Stromberg <strom...(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> > As I am also interested in k/sh parsing, I have done
> > something quite close to your bashquote.py.
>
> I'm interested in seeing your bashquote-like project...

It's stuck on a dead SPARC workstation -- still -- in the
middle of a robust parser/prettyprinter/debugger-frontend
that has been necessary for many years now. *Sigh*

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/msg/a2ddece2441beeef

> > Are you going to make Cobble available?
> I've just added a link to the cobble section of my subversion
> repository, from the cobble doc page you appear to have seen.

Great!

> As far as searching, does something like this work?
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=site%3Astromberg.dnsalias.org+cobble

(How amusing :).

Thank you, Dan, but I was thinking more of a "taut" homepage that
organized your documents and apps per broad subject area (you've
already done some of this -- as per my two links that I specifically
included in my post), winnowing or resolving dead links, and
most importantly, making a page of one-line descriptions of your
programs so that one doesn't have to go through each link to
determine its applicability to one's purposes.

A Web search, a la Google, is only viable when one knows what
one is searching for, even if in generalities.

The page:

http://stromberg.dnsalias.org/~dstromberg/software/index.html

.... needs to be given "pride of place."

=Brian