From: Roy on
Hello group
One lady friend of mine asked if there is a way to regain her notebook
wireless internet connection ?

Her notebook is already 2 years old and having that fault She had the
unit brought to an HP service center and the guy there told her that
it needs to replace the motherboard that will set her back by 300USD.
Now she is using a wired internet connection but she still wants to
regain wireless internet connectivity
I would like to ask if there is any remedy to her problem?
TIA

Roy
From: BillW50 on
On 5/28/2010 6:43 PM, Roy wrote:
> Hello group
> One lady friend of mine asked if there is a way to regain her notebook
> wireless internet connection ?
>
> Her notebook is already 2 years old and having that fault She had the
> unit brought to an HP service center and the guy there told her that
> it needs to replace the motherboard that will set her back by 300USD.
> Now she is using a wired internet connection but she still wants to
> regain wireless internet connectivity
> I would like to ask if there is any remedy to her problem?
> TIA
>
> Roy

Sounds like BS to me Roy. It is like less than a 5% chance it is the
motherboard (unless the WiFi is on the motherboard, then maybe). So what
kind of HP Tablet is this anyway? And what OS is running on it now?

--
Bill
Thunderbird Portable 3.0 (20091130)
From: Sjouke Burry on
Roy wrote:
> Hello group
> One lady friend of mine asked if there is a way to regain her notebook
> wireless internet connection ?
>
> Her notebook is already 2 years old and having that fault She had the
> unit brought to an HP service center and the guy there told her that
> it needs to replace the motherboard that will set her back by 300USD.
> Now she is using a wired internet connection but she still wants to
> regain wireless internet connectivity
> I would like to ask if there is any remedy to her problem?
> TIA
>
> Roy
Convince her that wireless is unsafe, and slow.
From: BillW50 on
On 5/28/2010 6:58 PM, Sjouke Burry wrote:
> Roy wrote:
>> Hello group
>> One lady friend of mine asked if there is a way to regain her notebook
>> wireless internet connection ?
>>
>> Her notebook is already 2 years old and having that fault She had the
>> unit brought to an HP service center and the guy there told her that
>> it needs to replace the motherboard that will set her back by 300USD.
>> Now she is using a wired internet connection but she still wants to
>> regain wireless internet connectivity
>> I would like to ask if there is any remedy to her problem?
>> TIA
>>
>> Roy
> Convince her that wireless is unsafe, and slow.

It depends! ;-)

From: AJL on
Roy <roybasan(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello group
>One lady friend of mine asked if there is a way to regain her notebook
>wireless internet connection ?
>
>Her notebook is already 2 years old and having that fault She had the
>unit brought to an HP service center and the guy there told her that
>it needs to replace the motherboard that will set her back by 300USD.
>Now she is using a wired internet connection but she still wants to
>regain wireless internet connectivity
>I would like to ask if there is any remedy to her problem?

Assuming the hardware us really broken, a cheaper way to stay on the
air might be to get one of those little USB plug in WiFi modules. My
local Walmart sells them for US$35. Plug one in, run the software, and
you're on the air...