From: Manuel Rodriguez on
As a newbee i want to install a wlan-card on my 400 Mhz Laptop. At
first i read some tutorials about network-configuration on console: /
etc/hosts, /etc/interfaces -- and i understood nothing. Then I noticed
that under Ubuntu there is a graphical menu for network-interaces
called "NetworkManager". IMHO i buy a WLAN card (Linux ready) put it
into my pcmcia-slot and on next boot the NetworkManager will show me a
new device. Is that right?
I believe, that i would feel myself more secure if I have have
more GUI-Tools: under Ubuntu i have only two:
- NetworkManager
- gnome-nettools

Are GUI-Tools exists which are a good replacement for these?