From: anchovy on
downloaded Fedora 12. copied the .iso onto a CD. shutdown my PC, put the
Cd into the drive and restarted it. I get the startup screen then the
screen goes blank and I get a flashing cursor at the top LH corner.
any ideas from anyone ?
Anchovy
From: Matt McKnight on
By you text, you copied the .iso file to the CD, BUT did not BURN the
..iso image to the CD. Copying just gives you a dumb file on the CD.
"Burning the image" gives you a bootable CD with a filesystem filled
with all the stuff you need to do the installation. Go back to your CD
software and look for "Burn Image", or something to that effect, don't
just copy to file to a blank. Been bitten by this concept myself.

Matt

From: anchovy on
On 11/21/2009 1:04 AM, Matt McKnight wrote:
> By you text, you copied the .iso file to the CD, BUT did not BURN the
> .iso image to the CD. Copying just gives you a dumb file on the CD.
> "Burning the image" gives you a bootable CD with a filesystem filled
> with all the stuff you need to do the installation. Go back to your CD
> software and look for "Burn Image", or something to that effect, don't
> just copy to file to a blank. Been bitten by this concept myself.
>
> Matt

no, i sued Nero and selected burn the image. I'll try again and sea
wot happens.
Anchovy.